Kinshasa | Kinshasa
Cette annonce est une offre de service
Expire le 9 décembre 2022
Postée le 23 novembre 2022
Plus de details
Title: Country Director | DRC | 2022
Project: USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Technical Assistance, Francophone Task Order
Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Chemonics seeks a Country Director for the ongoing USAID Global Health Supply Chain - Technical Assistance Francophone Task Order (GHSC-TA Francophone TO) in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The project provides technical assistance for strengthening regional, national and sub-national health supply systems in Benin, the DRC, and Niger and supports the USAID/West Africa (USAID/WA) Regional Mission in Accra, Ghana with project offices in Burkina Faso and Togo. The project seeks to improve preparedness to provide commodities needed to manage disease outbreaks with pandemic potential in select GHSC countries.
The Country Director will report to the USAID GHSC-TA Francophone TO Technical Director. The Country Director will manage the development of technical strategies and work plans; monitor programmatic, financial, and administrative performance; supervise the administration of standard project operating and financial procedures; manage short and long-term staff; and maintain effective communication with the client, the home office, the public and private sectors, and other donors, cooperating agencies, and critical stakeholders. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Directly supervise management-level staff and oversee Francophone TO staff in the DRC.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with clients, partners, and key stakeholders including USAID and local governments.
- Implement annual work plans and budgets that reflect USAID, DRC Ministry of Health, and other stakeholder priorities.
- Identify opportunities to highlight program achievements, best practices, and lessons learned, developing content in collaboration with the US-based Communications and Knowledge Management manager.
- Delegate responsibly to ensure the most efficient implementation of a complex portfolio of activities.
- Ensure appropriate management methodologies to plan, organize, and control resources to achieve goals.
- Oversee reporting and lead regular performance reviews to identify issues and drive evidence-based interventions.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the provision of assistance to build the capacity and capability of national systems.
- Regularly report results to the Mission, the Ministry of Health, other funders, and Chemonics Washington.
- Ensure timely submission of all deliverables.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties:
- Advanced degree in health or management-related discipline.
- Minimum twelve years of experience in public health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID-funded public health programs or projects at a leadership level in the DRC is required.
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
- Innovative, problem-solving approach to implementation challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
- Fluency in French required and strong professional proficiency in English preferred.
Note: Only applications from persons of Congolese nationality and/or resident in the DRC with a work permit will be considered.
Please submit your CV and cover letter via https://bit.ly/3UT4Rn4 by December 9, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.